Friday, May 21, 2010

Pomp and Circumstance

I usually got my dad a gift card for Father's Day, but I'm being super cool this year by sharing this story in remembrance of him. I chose to name this video pomp and circumstance because its about graduation in a literal and abstract sense. The actual song arranged by Sir Edward Elgar isn't in my story, but the theme of the song is. It's about opening a new chapter. It's about finding new perspective. It's about a new start. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did making it. Check it. :}

Untitled from UA, Telecommunication and Film on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Amethyst, your story resonates so much with me, and I'm sure anyone who has lost a loved one and had to celebrate a milestone without them. I remember the first time I was on a trip and realized I wasn't sending a postcard out to my mom. Thank you for the metaphor of graduation. What a positive way to frame something painful.

    ReplyDelete