Hey All! I have a confession to make. I'm a tv junkie. At least I'm admitting it, right? It's the first step to recovery. lol In the mean time, I'd like to share with yall my favorite tv shows that give you a gist of what my personality is like. Know that if I weren't limited to just ten shows, I would probably list a good amount of the TV guide. Yeah, I don't see how I get my work done... anywho.. here's my top ten...in no particular order..that would just be too hard!
- Damages- They say FX has the movies, but they have the shows too! Glenn Close, Rose Bryne, Martin Short, Ted Danson are just a few heavy-hitting actors and actress that make up an all-star cast. I'm not gonna lie, Glenn Close scares me, but I'm curious to see what she does next.The way the series is filmed is so interesting, makes me think, and coming back for more. Me friend put me onto this show and I haven't gotten off. It's really intense, which is something I want to be when I have to get things done. Awesome show.
- Nip/Tuck- O.M.Gosh. It's like Young and The Restless + Grey's Anatomy. It's so sick and twisted, and its so good.lol Drama filled. I've clinched my pearls a time of two watching this show! It's also very sophisticated and sleek, which is what draws me to the show. A series also on FX..
- Army Wives- It's a show on Lifetime (I wouldn't be a real girl if I didn't mention Lifetime, right? Just kidding) My dad was a military man for 28 years so I can kind of relate to the lifestyle and the stories being told in the show. Plus, I kinda have a thing for guys in uniform. Don't judge me.
- 30 Rock- Tina Fey is too hilarious! Love her in anything/everything she does. Amy Pohler and Kristen Wiig from SNL are pretty funny ladies too. I know my roommate can hear me laughing from the back room of our apartment when I'm watching 30 Rock. I could see myself being similar to Fey's character, Liz Lemon.
- Family Guy- It's so wrong, yet so right. It'll hurt feelings, but I think it evokes change too. I can't get enough of Stewie.lol
- Law and Order: SVU- I love USA for having marathons of this series on all the time. It's my investigative nature that keeps me watching this show. Mariska Hargitay is such a great actress. And I can't forget about Ice Tea! (A few decades after giving the middle finger to the police, he's on a show playing one..oh the irony) He keeps it real. Fo' Sho.
- A&E's Intervention- Loves it. It's perfection. The way A&E's writers and producers are able to capture someone battling drug addiction in such an authentic way is mind blowing to me. I want to learn how to capture some one's life like that someday whether it be through a lens or on paper.
- Anything on VH1- Ok. I cheated.lol I just really love VH1's countdown shows. "I Love The 90s" type shows are the ones I'll watch all day. I love the commentary that the comedians and the actors give. Just rehashing all those memories (ones from the 80's and 70's I don't even remember) is really fun to watch because, in a way, that's a form of telling history and I love that stuff.
- The News- I cheated again. Oops!lol I like all types of news. Local News, NBC Nightly News, CNN, The Colbert Report, ESPN, E! News. I loves it all. I'm studying to be a journalist so I have to study the craft, right? Yeah. *head nod*
- Living Single- It's Living Single. Period. One of the best shows eva. I know the whole intro song to the show.lol That show just reminds me of how me and my friends are and who I want to be. I still want to be Khadijah James (Queen Latifah's character), editor of Flava magazine.
There are a lot shows that I would've liked to mention, but I can only give so much at once. Till next time. :)