Thursday, June 3, 2010

Final Blog Post

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
-- Dr. Seuss


Thinking about the collage of subjects I've studied at the University of Alabama, there are but a few special classes that stick out and seem to have taught me a little more about myself. Dr Raimist's Digital Storytelling is certainly one of those classes. The assigned video projects forced us to open up and reveal our private lives, stories, and secrets. Because of this, I formed a common trust and friendship with the other students, which created a comfortable atmostphere for us to work together in. It was really amazing to see everyone giving helpful criticism, technological assistance, and even offering to take the time to meet people at the lab when not everyone's card worked. Normally, it's impossible to get a fellow classmate to simply reply to an e-mail.

Not only was it great fun to create my own stories, but I also enjoyed viewing everyone else's work. Knowing the amount time and tedious work it took to finish my project made me appreciate all the other stories even more. I also learned that everyone has a story to share. You just have to take the time to sit down and listen to it. I definitely left this class with a better understanding of the gift of storytelling and what makes it effective, and sharpened my skills in Final Cut Pro. I hope everyone enjoyed the past 3-4 weeks as much as I have, and I wish everyone a great summer!

Remember, always wear sunscreen!


Charles Price, III

No comments:

Post a Comment